The NIFVS coordination team convenes a forum three times a year.
The forums focus on improving integration in specific areas identified in the NIFVS Regional Plan. They are open to anyone in Melbourne’s northern metropolitan region who works towards women’s and children’s safety.
Strength in the Difference: a practice exchange forum for family services and family violence services – Tuesday, 18 July 2017
Northern Integrated Family Violence Services invites you to join us to strengthen the links between family violence and family services.
- Hear from the Department of Premier and Cabinet about the family violence reforms including Support and Safety Hubs
- Understand the unique role of each service system and the specialisations they hold
- Unpack how different services identify, assess and manage family violence risk
- Explore how different services respond to the needs of children
Workers will hear from a panel of regional family violence and family services practitioners and work together to build a greater understanding of responses to family violence across each service system.
Places are limited. Register on Eventbrite
Forum summaries and presentations
Find summaries and presentation slides from the 2015-17 forums below:
- “but he’s a good dad, right?” Responding to fathers who perpetrate family violence (March 2017)
- On the Shoulders of Giants-Workforce Resilience (November 2016)
- Family Violence and Homelessness Practice Exchange Forum (July 2016)
- Moving towards greater collaboration: a cross sector forum to improve the safety of women and children who have experienced family violence (March 2016)
- Responding to CALD women who have experienced violence forum (November 2015)
- Engaging Men in the North: a forum on using the Family Violence Men’s Help Cards (June 2015)
- Integrated Responses to Vulnerable Children forum (March 2015)
To find out more about the NIFVS Forums, contact email@example.com.