Applications Invited for the Aboriginal Community Initiatives Fund
The Victorian Government, through Family Safety Victoria (FSV) is providing $2.2 million for the Aboriginal Community Initiatives Fund (CIF) in 2022-23, to implement community led projects that educate, prevent, reduce and respond to family violence in Aboriginal communities across Victoria.
Projects funded through CIF support and address priorities that are identified by the eleven Dhelk Dja Action Groups to address family violence at a local level.
It supports projects that:
- Are Aboriginal led, including Aboriginal led partnerships
- Are consistent with the goals and objectives of Action Groups and strengthen the capacity of Aboriginal communities and Aboriginal organisations to address family violence at a local level
- Will provide an ongoing or long-term benefit to the community
- Complement existing local community projects or initiatives and demonstrate partnerships with other government or non-government initiatives
- Align with the Dhelk Dja: Safe Our Way – Strong Culture, Strong Peoples, Strong Families 10 YearAgreement (2018-2028).
Applications close on Thursday 14 July 2022, at 5pm. Find out more.