NIFVS training and events have been postponed until at least the end of August 2020.
The NIFVS team convenes a forum several times a year.
The forums focus on improving integration in specific areas identified in the NIFVS Regional Plan. They are open to anyone in Melbourne’s northern metropolitan region who works towards the safety of victim survivors.
Forum summaries and presentations
Find summaries and presentation slides from the 2015-19 forums below:
- Implementing Family Violence Reforms: Intersect between Family Violence, AOD and Mental Health (July 2019)
- Safety & Respect: Women with Disabilities & Family Violence (March 2019)
- Young Women and Family Violence: Understanding Barriers and Honouring Strength (November 2018)
- Family Violence Information Sharing Scheme: From Concept to Practice (July 2018)
- Overcoming Barriers: Working with CALD Children in their Own Right (March 2018)
- What She Needs to Know: Supporting victim survivors of family violence through the legal system (November 2017)
- Strength in the Difference: A Practice Exchange between Family Services and Family Violence Services (July 2017)
- “but he’s a good dad, right?” Responding to fathers who perpetrate family violence (March 2017)
- On the Shoulders of Giants-Workforce Resilience (November 2016)
- Family Violence and Homelessness Practice Exchange Forum (July 2016)
- Moving towards greater collaboration: a cross sector forum to improve the safety of women and children who have experienced family violence (March 2016)
- Responding to CALD women who have experienced violence forum (November 2015)
- Engaging Men in the North: a forum on using the Family Violence Men’s Help Cards (June 2015)
- Integrated Responses to Vulnerable Children forum (March 2015)
To find out more about the NIFVS Forums, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.