The Service System Overview provides workers with an understanding of the family violence system in the northern metropolitan region (NMR).
The Overview was developed during COVID-19 in place of NIFVS Regional Induction sessions and consists of an introduction presentation, interviews with service providers and links to resources to help improve responses to family violence.
Part One – Introduction and Service System Resources
Watch the Service System Overview Introduction Presentation.
Intake Pathways: Maps showing pathways for victim survivors (adults and children) and perpetrators entering the family violence system.
Family Violence Services Snapshot: Summary slides of family violence services.
Quick Reference Guide Family Violence Services: Information about family violence services.
NIFVS Service Directory: Comprehensive service directory of family violence and related services.
Part Two – Interviews with Family Violence Services
Intake Services – The Orange Door NEMA
Responses to Victim Survivors – Berry Street
Responses to Aboriginal Victim Survivors – Elizabeth Morgan House
Responses to Perpetrators – Uniting
Part Three – Films about the Legal Service System
Legal Service System: Overview of the legal service system in relation to family violence and the intersection with family law.
Victoria Police Response: Describes Victoria Police response to family violence.
Intervention Orders & Legal Support: Information about Family Violence Intervention Orders and how legal support can add to a victim survivor’s safety.
Magistrates’ Court: Explains what happens at the Magistrates’ Court during an Intervention Order application.
Part Four: Interviews with Key Service Providers
Family Violence Flexible Support Packages – Anglicare
After Hours Responses for Victim Survivors – The Salvation Army
Additional interviews with a range of key providers will be released between September – December 2020.
Part Five – Next Steps
- Subscribe to the NIFVS enews.
- Download and share Multilanguage Family Violence Posters: These inform community members, victims and perpetrators about support services that are available in the NMR.
- Participate in NIFVS Family Violence Training: NIFVS family violence training equips workers with the knowledge and skills to work collaboratively under the MARAM Framework, respond to victim survivors and avoid colluding with perpetrators.
- Watch the Leading the North to Prevent Violence Against Women video to find out how WHIN is working with local partners to prevent violence against women, including family violence.
- Join a local family violence network.
Terminology and Acronyms: Definitions of common terminology and acronyms in the family violence sector.