In partnership, Domestic Violence Victoria (DV Vic), CASA Forum and No to Violence (NTV) will host this forum for Tier 1 practitioners to support practitioners working at the intersections of [...]
In partnership, Domestic Violence Victoria (DV Vic), CASA Forum and No to Violence (NTV) will host this forum for Tier 1 practitioners to support practitioners working at the intersections of high risk.
The MARAM Framework and the Responding to Family Violence Capability Framework acknowledges that the Tier 1 workforces carry considerable responsibility and often lead work in the delivery of services to victim survivors and perpetrators of family violence.
These frameworks highlight that practitioners within these workforces identify and manage the most extreme level of risk. This forum will draw upon practice expertise across the sectors to support collaboration and enable the sharing of specialised skills across these services. This will result in a greater understanding of practice complexities across specialist victim survivor services, sexual assault services and men’s services.
- Increased ability to identify and collaboratively manage serious family violence risk.
- Increased understanding of consent and sexual violence in the context of family violence and how to identify and appropriately respond to women presenting with experiences of sexual assault.
- Increased understanding of the impact of sexual violence on family functioning and children.
- Increased understanding and ability to apply best practice approaches that involve tilting to the perpetrator.
- Greater local area collaboration.
(Tuesday) 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
DV Vic, NTV and CASA Forum