Online Petition for Women’s Safety Summit
The Federal Government handed down the 2021-22 budget on 11 May 2021.
The following is a summary of key commitments:
- $130.2 million per year for a new National Partnership Agreement on family violence.
- $164.8 million over three years for financial assistance to women experiencing family violence, including a two-year trial providing cash payments of up to $1,500, with an addition $3,500 available for other goods.
- $12.3 million over three years, to resource some of the unfunded proposals for the previous $60 million Safe Places Program to renovate, build or purchase crisis accommodation for women and children experiencing family violence.
- $129.0 million over four years for women’s legal centres to provide increased support to women with the legal issues that can result from family violence.
- $26.0 million over four years for the Family Violence Prevention Legal Services program.
(CHP Newsletter, 13.5.21)