- Housing and homelessness services
Preston South. VIC 3072
Short-term accommodation for women and children escaping family violence and homelessness.
- emotional support
- material aid
- ongoing risk assessment and safety planning
- secondary consults with other agencies regarding legal matters and mental health
- programs for children
- programs for women
- assistance with crisis payment applications
- prevention project in primary and secondary schools.
Who can make referrals:
- Housing agencies with current MOU’s
- No self-referrals
- Referring agencies are required to case manage clients and coordinate client exit plan on Fridays.
Preston. VIC 3072
Formerly North East Housing Service, Haven; Home, Safe is the access point for assessment, emergency assistance, prioritisation and referrals for the north east metropolitan area.
Moving On is a rent subsidy and support program for individuals and/or families made homeless or experiencing housing crisis as a direct result of family violence. The program sub-leases properties to approved applicants for a period of up to 12 months.
- Provides access to private rental for women and children who have experienced family violence
- Supports at-risk households to lead safe and healthy lives and to obtain and sustain tenancies in the rental market
- Improves linkages and strategic partnerships between Real Estate agencies, housing associations and agencies providing Family Violence services
- Assists those who have experienced homelessness or housing crisis as a result of family violence to access safe, secure and affordable housing
- Assists to alleviate the ‘bottleneck’ experienced by family violence services in their emergency, refuge, short term and transitional accommodation
- Takes advantage of relationships with Real Estate Agents to improve access to private rental housing
- Supports flexible housing models through the Head Lease program to create individualised responses.
Please note that this program is available in specific suburbs during specific application periods. Contact Haven Home Safe for more details.
The Women’s Homelessness Prevention Project (WHPP) is an initiative of Justice Connect’s Homeless Law service. WHPP provides a weekly outreach clinic, staffed by pro bono lawyers at a central CBD location on Tuesdays. As well as lawyers, WHPP also has a dedicated social worker, who will attend client appointments. The lawyers will assist with the relevant legal issues (i.e. tenancy and eviction prevention) and the social worker will provide a period of intensive support (up to three months) with a focus on transitioning clients to long-term support services (for example, financial counselling, domestic violence counselling, housing support, family support, education and employment).
The program is located at a central CBD library that is comfortable and accommodating for women and their children. Appointments can be made by calling 1800 606 313 (free call).
Collingwood - (03) 9288 9611
Collingwood. VIC 3066
Launch Housing is the access point for homelessness assessment, emergency assistance, prioritisation and referral for the Yarra local government area.