The LGBTIQA+ Family Violence Network is a statewide network created to support mainstream family violence services, generalist community organisations and LGBTIQA+ organisations to support LGBTIQA+ clients effectively.
The Network runs forums and seminars on relevant topics to grow the skills and capacities of its member organisations in responding to community needs around family violence/intimate partner violence (FV/IPV). The Network also meets quarterly to:
- promote collaboration between services on issues of LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV service provision
- share knowledge, resources and education on LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV service provision, throughout the realms of prevention, early intervention and response
- provide a space for members to raise issues and brainstorm solutions to matters of LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV best practice
- engage in consultation and collaboration with the LGBTIQA+ community
- advocate for change as necessary in the space of LGBTIQA+ FV/IPV service provision.
If you would like to be part of the network, contact the LGBTIQ Intimate Partner & Family Violence Project Coordinator at Rainbow Health Victoria (formerly GLHV): firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Source: LGBTI Intimate Partner & Family Violence Project Coordinator email, 24/7/19)