Strengthening the Foundations: First Rolling Action Plan 2019-22 is the first of three Rolling Action Plans that work towards achieving the long-term vision for the workforces that intersect with family violence, as outlined in Building from Strength: 10-Year Industry Plan for Family Violence Prevention and Response.
Developed with sector leaders, practitioners and victim survivors, the plan outlines work to build Victoria’s specialist family violence, primary prevention and mainstream workforces over the next three years.
The areas of focus are:
- Building workforce capability
- Enhancing training architecture
- Recruiting and retaining specialist workforces
- Strengthening leadership in the specialist sectors
- Prioritising health, safety and wellbeing
- Building sector and organisational capability
- Working in a connected and cohesive system.
(Source: Family Violence Reform Newsletter, 25/11/19)