The Third Action Plan 2016-2019 of the National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children was launched on 28 October 2016 by the Prime Minister at the COAG National Summit on Reducing Violence against Women.
The Third Action Plan sets out an ambitious agenda for achieving change, focusing on:
• Prevention and early intervention
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their children
• Greater support and choice
• Sexual violence
• Responding to children living with violence
• Keeping perpetrators accountable across all systems
The Third Action Plan draws on the successes and learnings of current and previous policy and programs to develop a plan that will drive a reduction in domestic, family and sexual violence over the next three years.
For more information on the priority areas of the Third Action Plan, visit the National Plan website.