The Australian Law Reform Commission has released a Discussion Paper for its review of the Family Law System. The review is intended to ensure the family law system effectively addresses family violence and child abuse, and meets the contemporary needs of families.
The closing date for submissions to the Discussion Paper is 13 November 2018.
Key dates announced:
- 14 March 2018 – Issues Paper + call for submissions. Consultations
- 7 May 2018 – Submissions to Issues Paper close
- 2 October 2018 – Discussion Paper + call for submissions. Consultations
- 13 November 2018 – Submissions to Discussion Paper close
- 31 March 2019 – Report delivered to the Attorney-General
Find more information about how to make a submission and contribute to the process.
(Source: ANROWS eNews, 26/10/18)