The Department of Health and Human Services has committed to working closely and in partnership with sectors to address the disadvantage experienced through homelessness and the lack of safe, affordable and secure housing, through a series of ongoing engagement events.
On 7 September 2015, the Department held a round table with members of the homelessness sector, chaired by the Council to Homeless Persons. The discussion explored:
- Closer integration of homelessness, social housing and the broader community care sector
- State-wide housing register and choice-based letting
- Improving our crisis accommodation service models
- More flexible, outcome focused support services
- Private rental assistance products
- Launch sites to test how integration could work.
View the roundtable presentation.
Visit the department’s website for further updates.
(Source: NWHNs Fortnightly News, 9 October 2015)