Research Project: Violence Against Women Across the Lifespan
The 2020 Victorian budget includes the following investment into family violence reforms:
- $8.2m over two years to grow the family violence and sexual violence workforces.
- $87.3m over four years for the continuation of family violence flexible support packages.
- $18.2m over two years to support case management in core and cluster refuges.
- $10.7m over four years for perpetrator accountability
- $37.5m over four years to continue to deliver the Respectful Relationships initiative in Victorian schools, and $9.7 million over four years to prevent and respond to family violence earlier in multicultural and faith-based communities
- $1.6m over two years for the Family Violence Reform Implementation Monitor.
(Source: DV Vic & DVRCV Media Release, 24.11.20)