The northern metropolitan region has created a powerful response to the 16 Days of Activism Campaign.
Many events and activities were held across the region, including:
• A Star Weave Jam for community members to participate in the 1 Million Stars to End Violence project (Women’s Health In the North).
• The launch of the Hume CREW, a community initiative working to create a Community for Respect and Equality of Women in Hume (Dianella Health).
• A White Ribbon event featuring campaign co-founder, Michael Kaufman (Whittlesea Council).
• A documentary screening and discussion of ‘He Named Me Malala’ (Darebin Council).
• A Youth Forum held by Good People Act Now, the youth lead violence prevention program supported by Banksia Gardens Community Service.
• A community art launch unveiling a sculpture to commemorate victims and survivors of family and private violence (cohealth).
• A forum about address violence against women with a disability, with writer, performer and activist Jax Jacki Brown (Banyule Council).