Closing the Gap Includes Family Violence Targets
The Victorian Government has continued to support the implementation of recommendations from the Royal Commission into Family Violence with this year’s State budget.
New funding for family violence response includes:
- $49.8m over four years for family violence therapeutic and flexible support, including adolescent family violence services to support families
- $27.7m over four years for after-hours refuge responses for victims of family violence
- $13.5m over four years to support the implementation of the Aboriginal 10-Year Family Violence Plan
- $303.8m over two years for TAFE and Training to develop workforces in government priority areas, including family violence
- $5m in 2018/19 only to support the implementation of Industry Plan for Family Violence Prevention and Response.