The Victorian Government has announced a $572 million statewide funding boost to be rolled out over the next two years. The package begins to deliver 65 of the Royal Commission into Family Violence’s most urgent recommendations.
The package includes:
- $152.5 million to begin a housing blitz to shelter more victims
- $122 million to keep children safe
- $103.9 million for specialist family violence services such as crisis support and counselling to cope with unprecedented demand.
- $61.6 million in family violence prevention aimed at where Victorians live, work, play and learn
- $25.7 million to work with Aboriginal communities in addressing family violence
- $23.9 million to begin reforming the justice system so it protects victims and holds perpetrators to account.
For more information, see this media release.