First-Ever Family Violence Research Agenda Released
Victoria’s first-ever Family Violence Research Agenda 2021-2024 will build on what is already working and focus efforts on research activities that fill gaps in evidence base across prevention, early intervention and response.
The seven high-level research priorities are:
- Primary prevention
- Children and young people as victim survivors in their own right
- Family violence as experienced by Aboriginal people and communities
- Family violence as experienced by people from diverse communities
- Sexual violence and harm
- Adolescent family violence
- Perpetrators and people who use violence.
The research will be conducted in partnership with universities, industry and agencies and through cross-government activities.
(Source: Family Safety Victoria eNews, 25.2.22)