Women’s Health in the North
‘Women’s Health In the North (WHIN) is committed to improving the health, safety and wellbeing of women and gender diverse people.’(Helen Riseborough, WHIN CEO)
WHIN employs the Northern Integrated Family Violence Services (NIFVS) team and supports the NIFVS Regional Integration Committee responding to family violence through workforce development, information and resources to support effective response, and family violence system leadership across Melbourne’s northern metropolitan region. The NIFVS team includes the Principal Strategic Advisor (PSA), the Workforce Development Coordinator and an the Communications and Project Officer.
- Gendered Violence Prevention
- Gender Equity, Health and Wellbeing
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Family Violence System Leadership.
Preventing Violence Against Women
In complementary work to the NIFVS partnership, WHIN also works with organisations to support a regional approach to Preventing Violence Against Women (PVAW) by:
- Convening and resourcing the Northern Metropolitan Region Preventing Violence Against Women Committee
- Delivering presentations, forums, professional development and events
- Producing resources
- Raising awareness of PVAW through social marketing, campaigns and strategies
- Providing information and support to staff and organisations.
More information is available on the WHIN website.