Federal Budget Measures for Victim Survivors
The 2022-2023 Federal Budget measures to support victim survivors detailed in the Women’s Budget Statement include:
- Supporting the delivery of more social and affordable housing by investing $10 billion in a Housing Australia Future Fund. The returns from the Fund will build around 30,000 new social and affordable housing properties in its first five years and includes a range of elements to support women:
– 20,000 social housing dwellings will be supported, an estimated 4,000 of which will be allocated for women and children fleeing family violence and older women who are at risk of homelessness.
– $100 million for crisis and transitional housing options for women and children fleeing family violence and older women on low incomes at risk of homelessness.
- Specialised Family Violence Services will receive funding of up to $40.4 million to expand support to assist those who are experiencing, witnessing or at risk of family violence.
- $48.7 million to expand the Family and Domestic Violence Primary Health Network Pilot.
(Source: 2022-2023 Women’s Budget Statement, 26.10.22)