Red Cross Family Violence Financial Assistance Program
Red Cross’s Family & Domestic Violence Pilot Financial Assistance Program provides financial assistance and short-term case work support for people on temporary visas who are experiencing family violence and financial hardship. The support offered under the program includes financial assistance of up to $3000, referrals and short-term case work support.
Program eligibility criteria
- Holding a temporary visa or having no visa (not a Citizen nor Permanent Resident)
- Experiencing or at risk of Domestic & Family Violence
- Experiencing Financial Hardship
How to apply
- Clients can apply via the Red Cross website
- Please have a look at the Application Guides in English and in language
- Provide identity document details (Passport or ImmiCard)
- Bank statements FOR ALL LINKED ACCOUNTS with Name, BSB, Acc No and not older than 3 months (1–3-month transaction history)
How to refer a client
- Download and complete the Referral Form
- Ensure that the boxes relevant to Risk Assessment, Safety Plan & Financial Hardship are completed
- Ensure the Referral Form is signed by the relevant staff member.
- Complete the section relevant to client consent.
- Ask the client to attach the completed Referral Form to the online Application.
- Ask the client to attach all the relevant documents.
- If the client is unable to do so due to some reason, please send it to Red Cross via ShareSafe App which is a secure method to email sensitive information (Please refer to the ShareSafe set up guide for reference).
For queries or assistance email NAT_FDV_PILOT@redcross.org.au.
Find more information about brokerage and other forms of financial assistance on the NIFVS website.
(Safe and Equal member bulletin, 3.2.23)