Supporting Businesses and Workplaces to Respond to Family Violence
Safe and Equal are supporting businesses and workplaces to meet their OH&S and Fair Work obligations in relation to domestic and family violence.
Under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004, employers must provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without risks to the health of employees. This includes putting in measures to eliminate or control the risk associated with family violence in the workplace.
Organisations can work with Safe and Equal to meet their OH&S and Fair Work obligations by, for example:
- Helping staff understand why family violence is a workplace issue
- Developing appropriate workplace policies and procedures
- Providing staff with training to raise their awareness, understand effects in the workplace and how to manage risks
- Ensuring information is handled correctly
- Consulting workers about work arrangements and managing risks to health and safety
- Ensuring staff supporting those who are experiencing family violence are aware of the support options available to them
- Providing a safe, secure and accessible reporting mechanism within the workplace.
To find out more about how Safe and Equal can assist, contact Robyn Stone, Business Partnerships & Engagement Advisor, at email@example.com.
(Source: Safe and Equal Members Update, 31.5.23)