Preston. VIC 3072
Formerly North East Housing Service, Haven; Home, Safe is the access point for assessment, emergency assistance, prioritisation and referrals for the north east metropolitan area.
Moving On is a rent subsidy and support program for individuals and/or families made homeless or experiencing housing crisis as a direct result of family violence. The program sub-leases properties to approved applicants for a period of up to 12 months.
- Provides access to private rental for women and children who have experienced family violence
- Supports at-risk households to lead safe and healthy lives and to obtain and sustain tenancies in the rental market
- Improves linkages and strategic partnerships between Real Estate agencies, housing associations and agencies providing Family Violence services
- Assists those who have experienced homelessness or housing crisis as a result of family violence to access safe, secure and affordable housing
- Assists to alleviate the ‘bottleneck’ experienced by family violence services in their emergency, refuge, short term and transitional accommodation
- Takes advantage of relationships with Real Estate Agents to improve access to private rental housing
- Supports flexible housing models through the Head Lease program to create individualised responses.
Please note that this program is available in specific suburbs during specific application periods. Contact Haven Home Safe for more details.