The Victims Assistance Program provides help for people who have experienced violence, to help them cope with the effects of the crime.
The program also helps family members of victims of a crime and family members, dependents and partners of people who have died as a result of an act of violence.The service also responds to male victims of family violence.
The service can assist with:
- Emergency home security
- Communicating with police and making a report
- Organising counselling, transport and medical services
- Getting ready for court
- Preparing a Victim Impact Statement
- Applying for financial assistance
- Getting information about the offender.