Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Legal Advice Line
Available: Phone Monday or Thursday 10.30am-12.00pm
0478 700 605
214-218 Nicholson Street, Footscray. VIC. 3011
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre Human Rights Law Program provides free, expert immigration advice and representation to people seeking asylum. The service may be able to help with:
- Applying for a Temporary Protection Visa (TPV) or Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV) with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
- Preparing a statement of claims
- Accompanying clients to interviews with the DIBP
- Assistance to review a DIBP decision at the at the Immigration Assessment Authority (IAA)
- Assistance with applying to the Federal Circuit Court (judicial review) after receiving a negative IAA decision
- Responding to correspondence relating to the TPV or SHEV process e.g. from the DIBP or IAA
- Visa cancellations under section 109 (false information) or section 501 (character).
- Live in Victoria, Australia.
- Be at risk of persecution and human rights abuses in their home country, and;
- Not have government-funded legal advice to complete protection visa applications.