Northern and western LGAs: 1300 664 977 After hours: 131 278
Department of Health and Human Services Child Protection:
- Receives reports from people who believe a child needs protection from abuse or neglect.
- Provides advice to people who report cases of abuse or neglect.
- Investigates when a child is believed to have been abused or is at risk of abuse or neglect.
- Refers children and families to services in the community for ongoing support and harm prevention.
- Takes matters to the Children's Court if the child's safety within the family cannot be guaranteed.
- Supervises children on legal orders granted by the Children’s Court.