Court Network’s role is to empower and increase the confidence of court users to manage the requirements of the courts.
Court Network volunteers can:
- Provide support and information about going to court
- Attend court with a court user during their appearance
- Explain how the courts and legal systems operate
- Show a court user around court beforehand, so they can become familiar with where they have to go on the day of their court case
- Provide a safe place at court for the court user
- Refer to other community services.
Services are provided in person, remotely (telephone or video hearings) and via telephone helpline across all stages in which court users engage with court processes – before their court date, on the day and post court hearing
Court Network can also provide non-legal information, support and referral over the phone: Ph: 1800 571 239.