Multi-Service Coordinated Family Violence Response Project
The Multi-Service Coordinated Family Violence Response Project aims to support multicultural community at risk or experiencing family violence and/or sexual assault by reducing barriers to accessing the family violence and sexual assault service system. The project targets women and children from the South Asian community in the City of Whittlesea by outposting Bilingual Family Violence System Connectors at key locations and mainstream services across the local government area, who will support and provide guidance to the community member in navigating this service system.
The project also seeks to capacity build family violence and sexual assault practitioners in responding to the complex needs of multicultural community and to improve service provision, so their service response is culturally safe.
Program eligibility criteria
- Women and children
- Residing in City of Whittlesea
- From a South Asian and/or Multicultural background
- Experiencing or at risk of family violence and/or sexual assault.
How to refer a client
- Complete a Referral Form.
- Email email@example.com with completed referral form
- Alternatively, practitioners can call one of the Bilingual Family Violence System Connectors on 0467 952 657 / 0497 032 439.