North and West Regional Children’s Resource Program
Halime or Luisa (03) 9359 5493
Region: Northern Metropolitan
22 Lakeside Drive Broadmeadows VIC 3047
The North and West Regional Children's Resource Program was developed to assist the homelessness sector in identifying and addressing the specific needs of children experiencing homelessness and family violence. The program provides a range of support to homelessness services in the Northern and Western areas who work with children from families that may be homeless or at risk of homelessness. The program is state-wide with co-coordinators in each metropolitan region and in rural regions as well. Services include:
- Information provision
- A specialist secondary consultation
- Children’s Brokerage program
- Co-facilitating workshops, activities, forums and participating in children-specific events and festivals
- Research and data collection
- Developing partnerships with Indigenous communities to raise the profile and support the specific needs of Indigenous children.
- Developing partnerships with CALD communities to raise the profile and support the specific needs of CALD children.