Women’s Legal Service Victoria
The service assists women experiencing disadvantage who are facing legal issues due to family violence or relationship breakdown. They can assist women with issues such as:
- Intervention orders
- Children and family law
- Division of property after separation
- Victims of crime applications
- Child Protection.
- Free advice and representation at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court through the Legal Advice and Representation Clinic: Mon-Fri 9.30am to 1.00pm
- Legal representation to women facing significant barriers to accessing justice where assistance will have the greatest impact. See Guidelines for further information.
- Legal Advice Line to victim survivors of sexual assault regarding legal issues around telling their story or being identified publicly. Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.