Family Violence Service System Overview
The Service System Overview provides workers with an understanding of the family violence system in the northern metropolitan region (NMR).
The Overview consists of an introduction presentation, interviews with service providers and links to resources to help improve responses to family violence.
Part One – Introduction and Service System Resources
Watch the Service System Overview Introduction Presentation.
Intake Pathways: Maps showing pathways for victim survivors (adults and children) and perpetrators entering the family violence system.
Family Violence Services Snapshot: Summary slides of family violence services.
Quick Reference Guide Family Violence Services: Information about family violence services.
NIFVS Service Directory: Comprehensive service directory of family violence and related services.
Part Two – Interviews with Family Violence Services
Intake Services – The Orange Door NEMA
Responses to Victim Survivors – Berry Street
Responses to Aboriginal Victim Survivors – Elizabeth Morgan House
Responses to Perpetrators – Uniting
Part Three – Films about the Legal Service System
A key resource for workers supporting victim survivors of family violence through the legal system. This NIFVS resource provides information about the Victorian legal system including:
Legal Service System: Overview of the legal service system in relation to family violence and the intersection with family law.
Victoria Police Response: Describes Victoria Police response to family violence.
Intervention Orders & Legal Support: Information about Family Violence Intervention Orders and how legal support can add to a victim survivor’s safety.
Magistrates’ Court: Explains what happens at the Magistrates’ Court during an Intervention Order application.
Part Four: Interviews with Key Service Providers
Family Violence Flexible Support Packages – Anglicare
After Hours Responses for Victim Survivors – The Salvation Army
Therapeutic Responses for Children and their Families – Berry Street
Responses to Victim Survivors of Sexual Assault – Northern CASA
Aboriginal Men’s Healing and Behaviour Change Programs
Counselling and Group Work for Victim Survivors
Part Five – Next Steps
- Subscribe to the NIFVS enews.
- Download and share Multilanguage Family Violence Posters: These inform community members, victim survivors and adults using family violence about support services that are available in the NMR.
- Participate in NIFVS Family Violence Training: NIFVS family violence training equips workers with the knowledge and skills to work collaboratively under the MARAM Framework, respond to victim survivors and avoid colluding with perpetrators.
- Watch the Leading the North to Prevent Violence Against Women video to find out how WHIN is working with local partners to prevent violence against women, including family violence.
- Join a local family violence network.